Born just south of Dallas, and true to his Texas roots, Andrew M. Lloyd fights proudly for families and justice. He exemplifies the attitude contained in the phrase – Don’t mess with Texas! He doesn’t let people mess with his clients, either. Big government and belligerent litigators threaten his clients’ lives, so he defends them. He’s a negotiator by birth and an attorney by trade, whose ultimate prowess and skill lie in the courtroom. He’s tenacious, witty, intelligent, and scrappy. With a nickname like “Texas Spanker,” what else would you expect?
A former prosecutor and Texas Super Lawyer 4 years in a row, he’s been handling criminal and family law cases in front of Judges and juries for over a decade with a finesse and charisma that leaves people in awe. He can change the pace of a case quickly, understanding the underpinnings of the justice system and the inner workings of a case file. He’s real. He’s personal. And he’s a fighter.
He’s the Vice President of the Denton County Bar Association, former Vice President of the Denton County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association, and 5-time Master of Ceremonies for the annual Denton County Bench Bar Conference, where all the local Judges and lawyers spend time learning the law. He’s been a guest speaker several times over the years at these and other legal conferences.
Outside of the courtroom, Andrew’s the ultimate family man and churchgoer. He’s a father of four awesome children and husband to his beautiful Inga. He enjoys cycling, running, and racquetball and has competed in many triathlons. He’s also a martial artist, having learned the craft of Wing Tsun Kung Fu for many years and is currently studying American Karate, where he is two belts away from Black Belt.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Civil Litigation
CERTIFIED LEGAL SPECIALTIES
- Certified Mediator, South Texas Plains Association of Governments
- CLE accredited speaker – Update on Gun Laws in Texas, April 2013
- CLE accredited speaker – Ad Litem Seminar 2014, Presenting a Case for a Parent from Temporary Orders to Trial
- CLE accredited speaker – Ad Litem Seminar in 2015, Motion Practice for Parents, Fighting with Paper
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Texas Super Lawyer since 2012
- Master of Ceremonies and Director of Denton County Bench Bar Conference, 2011-2016
- Nominated Best Juvenile Law Attorney in Denton County by bestofdentoncounty.com, 2013
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member in good standing State Bar of Texas
- Member of the College of the State Bar
- Officer and Director in Denton County Bar Association
- Member and Former Vice President of Denton County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Member of Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Member of State Bar of Texas Family Law Section, 2007 – present
- Long-standing member of the NRA – National Rifle Association
- Admitted to Federal District Courts – Texas Eastern and Texas Northern
- Member of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Served on Arbitration Panel for Fee Dispute Committee in Denton, May 2013